Alphabetti Theatre, The Worriers & The Discovery Museum presents a WW1 Experience Day for schools
Join Alphabetti Theatre, The Worriers and the Discovery Museum for a full day of immersive and interactive workshops and performances for children based around World War 1
When: Tuesday 6th - Friday 9th November 2018
Time: 9.00am-3.00pm (first workshop/performance begins at 10.00am)
Tickets: £7 per child (minimum 20 children)
Age Recommendation: 7+
Alphabetti Theatre and The Worriers in partnership with The Discovery Museum are offering a day long immersive, learning experience for children based around World War One. Over the week leading up to the centenary of end of World War 1 groups will have the opportunity to spend time with Alphabetti staff. From 10am – 3pm each child will experience the following:
- A performance of Walter by Steve Byron - Winner of The 2017 British Theatre Guide’s Best Children’s Show in North East Award
- A guided tour and workshop of: Charge! exhibition at The Discovery Museum
- A performance workshop with award winning artist Paula Penman focussing on animals in World War 1
- An interactive and immersive visit / performance to a replica world war one trench – where the visitors will be able to ask questions to the actors who will remain in character (room not accessible - please let us know if your school has access needs and we will provide an alternative activity)
- A creative writing workshop with award winning playwrights Steve Byron and Ali Pritchard
This unique learning experience is supported by Heritage Lottery Fund and Arts Council England which is why we are able to offer it for a lower price of £7 per child for the whole day. School pupils will visit the two cultural venues as part of a full day trip where they will take part in workshops specifically designed to provide participants with a wider understanding of WW1 whilst also focusing on specific areas of WW1 history such as the role of courier pigeons and animals.
- This event will be taking place in the week commencing from Tuesday 6th November to Friday 9th November. PLACES ARE LIMITED AND SERVED ON A FIRST COME BASIS.
- We have capacity for 4 school groups per day, maximum of 35 participants per group, minimum 20 per group.
- One school can book out more than one group.
- School groups will arrive at 09:00 and leave at 15:00
- Each group will engage in 3 workshops delivered by professional facilitators and heritage experts, they will watch an award-winning play and visit the interactive pop-up museum at Alphabetti.
- For each child this event is costed at £7 per head
- This show is suitable for children aged 7+. There are dark themes in ‘Walter’ due to the nature and content of the show surrounding the topic of WW1.