St James Boulevard,
Newcastle upon Tyne
Venue Manager at Alphabetti Theatre
£18,720 per annum
Full Time – (40 hours a week) flexible hours however will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Start Date: 21st August 2017
- - CV and covering letter as to why you’d like to work at Alphabetti to be sent to by 30th June 2017 at 6pm
- - On 1st July – Alphabetti are having a Sneek Peek fundraiser to the new venue, tickets are available here - https://alphabettitheatre.co.uk/whats-on-menu/whats-on/17-whats-on-articles/142-sneak-peek-part-1 it is recommended that applicants attend so to get a better idea of how the venue will work and what they as individuals can bring to the charity.
- - By Tuesday 4th July applicants will be notified via email if we would like to invite them for an interview.
- - Interviews to take place week commencing 10th July
- - Applicant selected by 31st July 2017.
- - Start 21st August 2017.
To oversee the day to day running of the venue ensuring it maintains its welcoming atmosphere and inclusive ethos, whilst ensuring that the income generated from hospitality remains healthy thus continuing to fund the charity. Alphabetti Theatre is a small organisation with all staff working above and beyond, having a role in all departments
Responsibilities will include but not exclusive to
- Take responsibility for the bar/ cafe, including the ordering stock, the supervision of sales systems and stock control.
- Undertake Front of House administrative duties, including the creation and maintenance of staff rotas and timesheet records and FOH sales reporting.
- Ensure all performances and events are appropriately staffed.
- Ensure all the staffs are suitably trained in all aspects of customer care and fire evacuation procedures.
- Overseeing bookings in the rehearsal space and being first port of call for office holders
- Liaising with volunteers and ensuring they are properly trained and getting all out of the opportunity.
- Monitor the eight casual staff’s work performance, timekeeping and general discipline.
- Encourage and act upon customer comments and complaints to improve the theatre’s customer care, in conjunction with the Artistic and Executive Director.
- Implement procedures for cashing up and the use of floats and ensure that the security of cash and stock is protected and weekly banking
- Liaise with the caretaker to ensure standards of cleaning the theatre are maintained.
- Work closely with the rest of the creative team to ensure the theatre and all events operate smoothly and efficiently and in accordance with the licencing authority regulations and Health & Safety policy.
- Maintaining the day to day books and accounts and liaising with the artistic director and the venue producer about these figures, helping maintain and update the website, dealing with private bookings for parties and rehearsals in the day.
- Liaise with the development officer and Artistic/Executive director as to how to ensure the venue is properly promoted.
Alphabetti is a charity with a constitution to promote, develop and maintain the public’s understanding and appreciation of the arts, in particular the dramatic arts. Although we do receive some funding our business model is hospitality funds the art. In our new venue will open on 1st September 2017, it will have a performance space of 100 people, with an additional bar capacity of 100, we will also be subletting 4 office spaces and 4 car parking space and have a 9m x 7m rehearsal room available for hire. Due to the building being built on a hill the basement has step free access from St James Boulevard making it an accessible space. We will be inserting an 82cm thick wall in-between the bar and the theatre to soundproof the bar from the theatre thus meaning the bar can remain open whilst a performance is taking place. The bar area will also serve a small selection of food (sandwiches, soup, salad, cheese, ice cream, cake, popcorn etc.) current opening hours of the bar will be Midday – 11pm Tuesday to Thursday and midday – 1am Friday and Saturday the rehearsal space will be available for hire from 9am to 11pm Monday to Saturday. The bar will be an inviting social space that run as a coffee shop/ second hand bookshop as well.
Alphabetti have currently programmed a hugely diverse season of work from September 2017 – December 2017 that includes theatre comedy, music and poetry as well as events for families.